FECC Douloi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FECC Douloi

this will be our new way of communication!!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CLIQUE DU SOLEIL

Go down 
+7
xxsora411xx
KNIWIFI
R-Shizzle
cthc
timothy.mok
jennnnny
kris0ten
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jennnnny

jennnnny

CLIQUE DU SOLEIL - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 1:15 am

plus the RITUAL GAME and the INTRODUCTION GAME! YAY!
decisions decisions! a douloi meeting on sunday would be good.
Back to top Go down
yeahitisfu
Admin
yeahitisfu

PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 8:58 pm

just wondering, are we gonna have like a short worship? at the end, or beginning?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fecc_crew/
R-Shizzle

R-Shizzle

PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 10:43 pm

yah we'll have worship still on that day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fecccrew.com
timothy.mok

timothy.mok

PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 1:25 am

i believe that i am leading on that day.

where is everyone else?

click click clique
Back to top Go down
yeahitisfu
Admin
yeahitisfu

PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 2:57 am

oh oh, haha sry didn't see the schedule =)
Back to top Go down
khiwmamnyg

PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 4:32 am

just wondering, what's the status on our clique du soleil? how are plans? is there any input we need to contribute? Smile
Back to top Go down
yeahitisfu
Admin
yeahitisfu

PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 4:38 am

i think it's just what we talked on Sun. any updates??

can Tim post up the min. for us? thank you =)
Back to top Go down
timothy.mok

timothy.mok

PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 4:39 am

probably tomorrow Smile i'm going to hide brawl so i'll get some work done haha
Back to top Go down
jennnnny

jennnnny

PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 4:41 am

i think we should start planning or discussing how douloi is going to share the message.
YAY WHAT A GREAT IDEA TIFFWU =) we went over a million things at the meeting. i just want to say that it was pretty productive! yay for being productive!
Back to top Go down
yeahitisfu
Admin
yeahitisfu

PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 4:45 am

you can just give it to me, i'll hide it well =)

great idea Jenny, soo... how are we gonna share the message? first of all, how much time do we have? does Ryan have an answer?
Back to top Go down
timothy.mok

timothy.mok

PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 2:39 am

sorry, i'll have minutes up on friday! some unexpected things came up today and busy day tomorrow! YAY!
Back to top Go down
timothy.mok

timothy.mok

PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 5:40 am

sigh. sorry again. i've been busy the past two days, so i'm afraid writing up the minutes have been postponed again. i'm hoping i'll have time tomorrow =(
Back to top Go down
regina!

regina!

PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 4:12 am

if we're going to do a group message at the end, do you guys think we should meet in person to write it? if so, when?
Back to top Go down
yeahitisfu
Admin
yeahitisfu

PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 5:35 am

we HAVE to meet up and write the message together if we're doing it, maybe we can meet earlier at that day?
Back to top Go down
khiwmamnyg

PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 5:38 am

I can meet up on Friday earlier! I'll have let my parents know first though, of course. At church? Can we all meet up?
Back to top Go down
R-Shizzle

R-Shizzle

PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 11:23 pm

i think we'd need to have this done a bit earlier than friday. that way you guys can practice the things you're saying. also, pjoe was saying that we should probably the message spread out during the night...like message, then game, then another message, then game, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fecccrew.com
yeahitisfu
Admin
yeahitisfu

PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 1:33 am

so, we gonna have only a few ppl distributing the message?
i kinda have an idea...maybe we can break it down like...

the intro: Why are we having this night, and what's the purpose of it

the body1: Why is getting our youth group united so important

the body2: How can we get our youth together

conclusion: Conclusion of the night. what should we change when we walk out of the door that night.
(i feel like i'm writing an essay....-.-)
Back to top Go down
timothy.mok

timothy.mok

PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 3:17 am

minutes are up! check your emails =D

i don't think i can be there early (unless early means like right after school) since i'm leading. jennifer and kristen are on the team too.

so which games/activities are we keeping in?

are going small group format? like discussion based or do they simply listen to one of us talk?
Back to top Go down
yeahitisfu
Admin
yeahitisfu

PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 5:37 am

ohoh, umm are we gonna have the gym?? it will be really nice if we can borrow it for one night, cuz we have like games that needs a lot of space to move around, and plus, more room makes you feel more free =DD
Back to top Go down
ninjoelo

PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 8:48 pm

hey folks ... good ideas. i like the general outline of the night, fu. let's pick out some verses for the points you guys would share on. btw ... who wants to help with the message(s)? it would be better if you guys could spend time thinking about the message before Friday, but we'll do what we can.
Back to top Go down
ninjoelo

PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 9:12 pm

suggestion for verses ... read through ephesians and write down all the points that paul makes on the importance of unity and how we maintain unity.
Back to top Go down
ninjoelo

PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 12:25 am

also ... wanted to get feedback on some game ideas. please let me know which ones sound good to you:

skit game: we have done it before (couple years back) and it didn't work out too well. I'm not too sure why. maybe it would be different this time. anyway, the pros are that it would get students to work with each other, but the problem is that it will also takes up most of the night, b/c everyone has to perform their skits too. it takes a long time (over an hour). i don't think we have the time for it.

ritual game: kristen shared the idea on the first page. i'm just trying to mix it up a bit. what if the volunteers (who left the room) were actually one person from each team. Each team would be a social group and they have to come up with their own ritual. the "volunteers" would score points for their team by figuring out the ritual of another team before everyone else. Potential problem: Will this make it less of an object lesson and more like a game? or would it still work.
Object Lesson: I'm thinking that we can talk about the problems cliques cause and the importance of unity.

interrogation game: in this game, one person from each team will have to join another team. the team (interrogators) will have 10-15 minutes to ask the new person as many questions about themselves as possible (to get to know you questions). after the interrogation is over, i will ask 20 questions about the new person that the interrogators needs to try and answer correctly. the person that was interrogated will confirm whether or not the team answered the questions correctly. the team with the most points wins.
Object Lesson: We could talk about practical ways in which we can reach out to each other and get to know each other.

mixer games: these are just some warm up games. not necessarily in teams yet. "Speed Dating" is just having people rotate through two concentric circles of people. each round you introduce yourself and answer one goofy question that the leader throws out. "Group Up" the leader calls out a characteristic (ex. same first initial) and everyone needs to get into groups that they have similarities with. largest group that round (candy). "likes and dislikes" is a game where you are in a team. The team has a list of items (food, band, sport, etc) that they have to find commonalities amongst the entire group. teams with that discover the most commonalities win.

name affirmation game: this would probably be the last "game". Each person is given a piece of paper and a pen/pencil. they have to write their names vertically on the piece of paper. in their teams, everyone has to pass the paper to the right. then with the first letter of the person's name, you have to right down a genuine compliment or encouragement to the person (starting with the first letter). me for example, "j" joy to be around with. there are no real winners, but everyone gets to read what people wrote about them.
Object Lesson: We can talk about how we use our words to build up or tear down. we can give a challenge to our youth group, commitment to only say things that build each other up.
Back to top Go down
ninjoelo

PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 12:30 am

correction for interrogation ... not "questions about themselves", but "questions about the new person."
Back to top Go down
regina!

regina!

PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 2:37 am

ninjoelo wrote:
ritual game: kristen shared the idea on the first page. i'm just trying to mix it up a bit. what if the volunteers (who left the room) were actually one person from each team. Each team would be a social group and they have to come up with their own ritual. the "volunteers" would score points for their team by figuring out the ritual of another team before everyone else. Potential problem: Will this make it less of an object lesson and more like a game? or would it still work.
Object Lesson: I'm thinking that we can talk about the problems cliques cause and the importance of unity.

i'm confused...how would the volunteers pick up on the ritual if there's no one performing it? the ritual is performed to enter into a different group, but if every group has a different ritual, it's like they're all isolated.

everybody: when exactly can we meet up? it's already wednesday and we still haven't done anything about the message.
Back to top Go down
khiwmamnyg

PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 5:31 am

I like the mixer games because one way to open up and be closer as a youth group is to learn more about each other. Smile

I'd still like to do the "student led" messages! How are we going to organize it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

CLIQUE DU SOLEIL
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next