FECC Douloi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FECC Douloi

this will be our new way of communication!!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CLIQUE DU SOLEIL

Go down 
+7
xxsora411xx
KNIWIFI
R-Shizzle
cthc
timothy.mok
jennnnny
kris0ten
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kris0ten

kris0ten

CLIQUE DU SOLEIL Empty
PostSubject: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 1:31 am

is at the end of march

we should start planning now
Back to top Go down
http://www.xanga.com/kcjc62
jennnnny

jennnnny

CLIQUE DU SOLEIL Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 3:41 am

so what exactly is this night about? i wasn't at the meeting that went over this nighttt. would someone care to explain =)
Back to top Go down
timothy.mok

timothy.mok

CLIQUE DU SOLEIL Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 5:49 am

i don't think people check this as much. maybe we should send out an email to tell people to check?
Back to top Go down
cthc

cthc

CLIQUE DU SOLEIL Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 9:29 am

if we are to send out an email then lets also refresh people's memories too about what the night is about..especially for the new douloi cause i don't think they were there for the meeting when we discussed it..

for those of you who don't remember exactly what we've semi-planned/considering for that night i believe its to focus on the cliques we have in our youth group and different ways we can encourage unity as a youth group (correct me if im wrong). according to the douloi mtg minutes of January 10, 2008 the only thing we've planned so far for the night is a "ritual game" but i don't know what that is..... Question

im hoping that we'll have a douloi mtg this coming sunday because it is the second sunday of this month though it is baptismal sunday so...we'll have to see. but if we do have a douloi mtg perhaps we can mainly discuss this? or maybe we can just gather by ourselves and discuss it and then update pjoe (and possibly ryan if ryan can't make it) afterwards? though..us brothers will also have another mtg we have to hold so we'll have to make sure things don't collide..
Back to top Go down
R-Shizzle

R-Shizzle

CLIQUE DU SOLEIL Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 11:51 pm

okay so we need to get some definitive ideas out there now. i dont' want to scramble at the last minute trying to figure out what to do for this night. so what's the plan for the night? we need everyone's help with ideas... so let's all start talking about this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fecccrew.com
kris0ten

kris0ten

CLIQUE DU SOLEIL Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 12:49 am

i mentioned this at one point or another, and i dont know if we'd want to do it, but i figured it needed to be explained, sooo TAA-DAAH!

The Ritual Game (as adapted from Wheatstone Academy)

5 volunteers leave the room. The rest of the group is informed on what we're doing.
Basically the rest of us all get into groups (ex. 5 groups of 8, or 6 groups of 7) and everyone learns a ritual (ex. left hand on right shoulder) that the outsiders have to do to get into the group. Everyone is supposed to be talking animatedly to each other and COMPLETELY ignore anyone outside the group until the ritual happens.
The volunteers get to come inside. Their objective is to get into a group, and they have no idea what the ritual is. Usually they'll keep trying and won't get anything. Then when they get kinda frustrated, the people IN the groups can start moving BETWEEN groups, doing the ritual casually. Then hopefully the volunteers will pick up on it.

The object lesson is like... how does it feel to be completely left out? Usually the volunteers are people who are confident in themselves - how does this experience make them step into new shoes?
Back to top Go down
KNIWIFI

CLIQUE DU SOLEIL Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 6:54 am

hey do u guys wanna try and do those group games where one person has like a blueprint of something and the other people in the team have to go get the pieces? I remember we did this before in the gym, fergot what it was called, but it had popsicle sticks and marshmellows.
Back to top Go down
timothy.mok

timothy.mok

CLIQUE DU SOLEIL Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 3:09 am

KNIWIFI wrote:
hey do u guys wanna try and do those group games where one person has like a blueprint of something and the other people in the team have to go get the pieces? I remember we did this before in the gym, fergot what it was called, but it had popsicle sticks and marshmellows.

can you elaborate on this?
Back to top Go down
timothy.mok

timothy.mok

CLIQUE DU SOLEIL Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 3:10 am

eric fu and alfredo had a lot of ideas about cliques when we talked about it in the past
Back to top Go down
xxsora411xx

xxsora411xx

CLIQUE DU SOLEIL Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 4:41 am

OH i REMEMBER THAT GAME!!!!
we had to like run into the place and try to explain how to design
this..pictureish sort of thing...
i don't think that really relates to the clique topic...
thats more like a communication game!!!
Back to top Go down
yeahitisfu
Admin
yeahitisfu

CLIQUE DU SOLEIL Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 6:23 am

i like Kristen's idea, but will that game take a long time? just wondering Question

i have an idea!! how about play the game um...i forgot what it's called, it's a card game and it works like, 2 ppl pair up and think of some kinda of communication b4 the game, and then the game starts, i remember the goal was to get 4 cards(?), and notify your partner without getting your cover blown. uh.. does anyone know what i'm talking about?
maybe we can change it a lil so we don't need cards, and we can play it in a big group
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fecc_crew/
timothy.mok

timothy.mok

CLIQUE DU SOLEIL Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 6:25 am

yeahitisfu wrote:
i like Kristen's idea, but will that game take a long time? just wondering Question

i have an idea!! how about play the game um...i forgot what it's called, it's a card game and it works like, 2 ppl pair up and think of some kinda of communication b4 the game, and then the game starts, i remember the goal was to get 4 cards(?), and notify your partner without getting your cover blown. uh.. does anyone know what i'm talking about?
maybe we can change it a lil so we don't need cards, and we can play it in a big group

that game DEFINITELY has a limit to the number of people who can play it
Back to top Go down
jennnnny

jennnnny

CLIQUE DU SOLEIL Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 1:24 am

i also like kristen's game. that game would be a good transition from the fun to the main message of the night. i like games that involve everyone and if there are groups, at least more than two-three people, yaknow? anyways, in addition to the ritual game, we could do other activities/games that needs everybody's participation/involvement in order to finish.

how about a skit?! it would be nice if we got those drama (and others) teams started =)
and then we should have this whole thing of getting to know people that you have never talked to. haha okay i'm just throwing random ideas out now. let's decide on what game we're going to play by the end of this week!
Back to top Go down
timothy.mok

timothy.mok

CLIQUE DU SOLEIL Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 1:44 am

kristen's game sounds pretty good.

i'm down for the skit.
if we are to do so, who else would like to participate?
give me details and i can probably come up with something Smile
(details as in theme, time limit, number of characters, specific things to include, etc.)
Back to top Go down
kris0ten

kris0ten

CLIQUE DU SOLEIL Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 2:32 am

eric - that game is called Fence or Kemps

a skit should probably be easier to flesh out this time around, because cliques = drama = skit! Laughing
maybe we could use cirque du soleil? as setting/character bkgd/plot guideline
or we could write a skit where all the popular kids are unpopular and nerds rule school!!! Cool
Back to top Go down
yeahitisfu
Admin
yeahitisfu

CLIQUE DU SOLEIL Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 2:35 am

how about we let the youth do the skit? we can keep the group from the ritual game, and we will give each team a story, and they will act a skit for the whole youth. by doing that, ppl have to communicate with each other in order to get skit done.
Back to top Go down
timothy.mok

timothy.mok

CLIQUE DU SOLEIL Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 4:09 am

OH SHOOT!!!! THAT IS AN AWESOME IDEA!!!

back in norcal (sigh tim and his "back in norcal" speeches), we used to like split people off into groups and have them come up with skits and then they'd perform it after like 15-30 minutes of prep time. but in order for that to work, we need to rig the teams to have at least one "strong" leader to take charge. i totally forgot about it! i was hoping that we'd be able to do it some time, but i forgot and THANKS eric. YAYAYAYAYAY

so maybe we can start off with the ritual game, and them already being in groups, we can have those groups make the skit? i think the groups were pretty random at 30 hr famine, so maybe we can split them that way?

with this we're looking at maybe an hour of time already? more or less?
Back to top Go down
yeahitisfu
Admin
yeahitisfu

CLIQUE DU SOLEIL Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 5:59 am

yeah, 1hr, maybe even more, depending on how much time we're give each time to prepare, and how much a perform time each group have.

maybe we'll just use the douloi to lead the group like we always do, and just break ppl off by everything, so yeah...

i have an request... can we introduce EVERYONE in our youth group? cuz like, i don't know everyone, and i'm sure no one does. so maybe we can spend like the frist 10-15min. of the night introducing everyone, so at least we can get to know everyone's name. Surprised
Back to top Go down
khiwmamnyg

CLIQUE DU SOLEIL Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 7:55 am

it'll be really neat to introduce everyone! that sounds really cool! but it'll only last 10-15 minutes right? We have a big youth group, and depending on who shows up that Friday, it could take a while for introductions. Hmm...I'm not sure though... BUT I really like the idea. Honestly, I don't even know some people in the youth group, even on a name basis. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
timothy.mok

timothy.mok

CLIQUE DU SOLEIL Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 11:33 pm

YAY ANOTHER BACK IN NORCAL SPEECH!

okay, so there's a game that we used to play up in zimbabwe. so everyone stands in a big circle with a person in the middle. names are introduced. the person in the middle points at someone in the circle and that person ducks. the two people directly adjacent to the ducked person have to call out the other person's name. the loser is out. so that was one way that you get people to learn names.

if we have a douloi meeting sometime, i'll explain then Smile
Back to top Go down
KNIWIFI

CLIQUE DU SOLEIL Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 4:32 am

hey that's kool. Hey Kristen you know that post it game that we played in jesus club? Would our group be too big for something like that? I thought it was pretty kool =) where everybody has a question in front (non-sticky) (something like my favorite song) and on the back the answer. If someone guesses it right, they get the post it. One with the most at the end wins. Mebbe we should do this in those skit groups.
Back to top Go down
xxsora411xx

xxsora411xx

CLIQUE DU SOLEIL Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 5:37 am

WAIT WAIT WAIT...just to make sure about something
for th skits haven't we done it before..i dunno if its just
me but i remember having to do that but it didn't really work...
*oh wait...that might of been a leadership camp..somewhere*
hahah nvm that idea

but we have to seriously consider do something that would in a sense
permanently change the structure of youth's cliques!
(we shall be ambitions cheers )

this is kind of a random thing i just thought of...uumm*clears throat*
how about we chose a selected few in the youth groups that are the
shadow leaders that in each group really try to break apart the "cliques."
this way we can get other people that really have a desire for this to
step up and do something...doesn't make any sense?
Question
Back to top Go down
yeahitisfu
Admin
yeahitisfu

CLIQUE DU SOLEIL Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 6:33 am

really?? we did that b4?? how come i don't remember anything.. Mad

to permanently change the cliques, it's not what we can do in one night, that night, it's just an official start. after that we need to continue working on it. =)

and.. i don't really get your idea sry..>< can you say it again?? No
Back to top Go down
kris0ten

kris0ten

CLIQUE DU SOLEIL Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 6:51 am

kevin - it's a good game, but i'm afraid that the people who know each other will just go get the postits that belong to their friends because they are already familiar with their friends' interests and stuff. i think its better for smaller groups.

i like the impromptu skits idea!

i'm beginning to think that everyone in norcal is a genius study i like the Zimbabwe game too.

tiff, i think i agree with eric. we need to ALL be involved in slowly/surely breaking the cliques. i dont think it would be fair to place most of the responsibility on a few people, yaknow? i think its something that will happen if we are all convicted that the crew NEEDS this change. and i think having the crew night is a really good way of communicating that meeting new people can be really fun.
Back to top Go down
R-Shizzle

R-Shizzle

CLIQUE DU SOLEIL Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 12:42 am

so....quick summary of stuff we've talked about so far...EDITED TO INCLUDE JENNY'S ADDITIONS

we have...

- the skit idea
- the post-it game
- blueprint game?
- a skit that address cliques (not performed by everyone)
- ritual game
- introduction game

this night is creeping up on us (it's in 2 weeks), so we really have to make some decisions soon, probably by sunday. maybe douloi meeting?

Last edited by R-Shizzle on Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : because i want to)
Back to top Go down
http://www.fecccrew.com
Sponsored content

CLIQUE DU SOLEIL Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLIQUE DU SOLEIL   CLIQUE DU SOLEIL Empty

Back to top Go down

CLIQUE DU SOLEIL
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next